Have you just started playing your favorite game on PS5 only to be interrupted by an error message claiming that the game or app on PS5 cannot be started? This error is known as the CE-100095-5 error, but you shouldn’t be too worried about it because it can be resolved with a few simple changes that will be detailed later in this article.
If you’re a new user, you might be wondering why your PS5 is displaying this error. There are a variety of reasons why your system is displaying this error, some of which are listed below.
- 1 What are the reasons behind the “PS5 can’t start the game” error?
- 2 How do I fix error CE 100095 5 on PS5?
- 2.1 Check to see if the PlayStation Network (PSN) is up and running:
- 2.2 Attempt to uninstall and reinstall the game:
- 2.3 Reboot the system:
- 2.4 Restart the PS5:
- 2.5 Try the Rebuild Database option:
- 2.6 Keep the system software up to date:
- 2.7 Improve the Wi-Fi connection speed:
- 2.8 Use a Game disc to install the most recent system software version:
- 2.9 Youtube Video Guide For PS5 Error Code CE-100095-5
- 3 Try contacting customer service
What are the reasons behind the “PS5 can’t start the game” error?
PS5 Error code CE-100095-5 prevents you from playing a game when you launch or run it on your PlayStation 5. Many factors can be responsible for triggering this issue, which is frequently seen in games like Spider-Man Miles Morales and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
The most likely cause of this error is a problem with your internet connection; you may have experienced connectivity troubles while playing the game, resulting in this error; in this case, restart your router, wait a few minutes, and then check to see whether the problem has been resolved.
How do I fix error CE 100095 5 on PS5?
Check to see if the PlayStation Network (PSN) is up and running:
If you’ve confirmed that you don’t have an internet connection problem, it’s conceivable that the PSN server is undergoing maintenance or will be unavailable for a short period. In that situation, you’ll simply have to wait until the problem is rectified on the company’s end.
Examine the PSN status:
Follow the steps below to see if the problem is related to your PSN.
- Please navigate to the PSN server page and open it.
- Check the service status, and if there is a problem, you will need to wait a few minutes.
- Check for system software upgrades if the service problem has been resolved.
- Although the error should have been addressed by now, you can try the alternatives listed below if it hasn’t.
Attempt to uninstall and reinstall the game:
Although it appears to be a simple solution to the problem, it has proven to be the most successful for many users.
It’s possible that your game has corrupted files or data that need to be removed in order for it to work properly.
- Navigate to the PS5 screen and choose the game or application you want to delete.
- Click on Delete from the list from the options menu.
- Hit OK
- Locate the game library, which may be found on the home screen.
- Search for and download the game that needs to be reinstalled.
Reboot the system:
To rectify the issue, try power cycling the system. To do so, go through the steps listed below and follow them one by one.
- Remove the power wire from the router’s port to turn it off completely.
- Wait a few minutes before reconnecting the cord.
- Check to see whether the problem has been resolved.
Rebooting the entire system can be quite helpful in ensuring that the PS5 can’t start until the game issue is completely resolved.
Restart the PS5:
Try resetting your PS5 by following the procedures below.
- To shut down the PS5, press and hold the power button for roughly 10-20 seconds until the LED light turns off.
- After a few minutes, remove the power plug from the console and re-plug it.
- After 20 minutes, reconnect all of your devices and restart the PS5.
- Check to see if the problem has been solved.
Try the Rebuild Database option:
The Rebuild Database option allows you to clean up the data on your PS5 while also resolving any issues with the hard disc.
- Make sure you’re running the most recent version of your operating system.
- Connect a USB cord to the PS5 DualSense controller, then click the PS button.
- You’ll enter safe mode by pressing the power button until you hear a beep sound.
- Click Rebuild database from the list of options provided on the screen.
- Wait until the process is finished before checking to see if the problem has been resolved.
Keep the system software up to date:
Check to verify if your PS5 system software is up to date; if it isn’t, you should upgrade it using the steps outlined below.
- Using the PS5 DualSense controller, navigate to the settings menu.
- Select System Software Update and Settings from the options presented on the screen after clicking on the system.
- Set the update to automatically download and install.
- Select System Software Update.
If any updates are available, your system will automatically download and install them and check to see if the message PS5 can’t start the game is still displayed on the screen.
Improve the Wi-Fi connection speed:
Improving the Wi-Fi strength is one way to tackle the PS5, not loading your game problem. You can attempt a variety of methods to achieve this, such as positioning the router near your device so that it receives a strong signal, resulting in a solid connection.
You can also get a router with strong signal strength and range as an alternative. It will send out powerful signals throughout your home. Alternatively, you can connect it to the internet via a wired connection and see if the problem has been resolved.
Use a Game disc to install the most recent system software version:
To fix the PS5 not starting problem, you can use a game disc to update the system software to the newest version. This is the simplest approach to use rather than performing it manually with a USB.
Many games come with the most recent version of the PlayStation 5 software, which may be required to play the game normally. Step-by-step instructions will be provided on the screen to guide you through the process.
Youtube Video Guide For PS5 Error Code CE-100095-5
Try contacting customer service
If none of the solutions have proven to be helpful, you should contact the PS5 customer service department. They will assist you as needed and assist you in resolving the problem.
However, it’s possible that you have a hardware problem with your PS5. It’s possible that your PS5 has damaged hardware that can be repaired by any technical expert at the store or that you’ll need to replace it with a new one.
Also, Check Similar PS5 Errors: