Have you just started playing your favorite PS5 game only to be interrupted by an error message indicating that the system software has malfunctioned? This error is known as the CE-108262-9 error, but it isn’t something to be concerned about because it can be resolved with a few simple remedies.
If you’re looking for a solution to the PS5 error CE-108262-9, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll go over all of the options for resolving this problem as quickly as possible. The notice “ps5 something went wrong with the system software” comes on your screen right after your game crashes, but it’s also likely to appear when you turn on the console.
What is the CE-108262-9 PS5 error code?
The CE-108262-9 error means that the console was unable to read the software or application. Restarting the computer usually solves the problem. The error can also occur if the display’s visuals are out of sync with the console’s settings.
How do I fix ps5 error CE-108262-9?
There are a variety of ways to fix this problem, but the most popular and effective ones are listed here.
Try rebooting PS5 in safe mode
The most effective solution is to restart your device in safe mode, which has been proved to work by many people. Some customers are concerned that by employing this method, they would lose their personal information; however, this is not the case; your data will be totally safe.
Below are the steps to restart your PS5 in safe mode.
- To turn your PS5 off, press and hold the power button on the front panel.
- You will enter the safe mode after pressing the button till you hear a second beep sound.
- From the DualSense controller, press the PS button.
- Press X after selecting Restart PS5 from the menu.
Wait a few minutes to see if the problem has been resolved; if it hasn’t, you can try the other options listed below.
Keep the PS5 Firmware up to date
It’s quite likely that your device requires an update to the most recent version. Although these updates occur automatically, it’s best to double-check them manually.
- Ensure that your PS5 is connected to a well stable internet connection.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Choose System Software under System option.
- Go to System Software Update and Settings and choose Update System Software.
- Wait a few minutes for your system to look for and install any new updates; don’t turn off your device until the procedure is complete.
If nothing of the above options worked, you should attempt repairing the mistake by using the database rebuilding feature. It enables us to clear out your PS5’s data and organize everything on the hard disc.
- Connect a USB cord to the PS5 DualSense controller, then click the PS button.
- Hold down the power button until you hear the second beep.
- Click Rebuild Database from the options that show on the screen.
- Wait until the process is finished before checking to see if the problem has been resolved.
Some Similar Errors Of PS5: